This page lists downtime (planned and unplanned) for the VSA servers. On the
first Monday of each month at 10am GMT the archive might be subject to
- 2nd-3rd September 2019 - UNPLANNED - network outage (switch changes)
- 10th November 2018 - PLANNED - power shutdown
- 27th September 2017 - UNPLANNED - power outtage
- 27th-30th November 2015 - PLANNED - server room works.
- 31st October 2015 - PLANNED - server room works, hopefully a few hours but might roll into 1st November.
- 5th December 2014 - PLANNED - network upgrade will mean servers are offline.
- 9th - 11th August 2013 - UNPLANNED - one of our NAS boxes storing image and
catalogues files offline (disk27 - disk34 inclusive). Image services
accessing these disks will be affected.
- 19th - 21st April 2013 - PLANNED - afternoon onwards, work on UPS system requires electrical shutdown of server room.
- 26th January 2013 - PLANNED - work on the University network might affect services.
- 8th - 12th October 2012 - UNPLANNED - site wide power outage led to web servers and database servers being offline.
Some services resumed as of 11am 9th October but pixel data still offline and some database. More
downtime expected when the issue is fixed and we switch back from generator power to normal power.
- 17th-18th November 2011 - PLANNED - work to site power means all servers will be down from around 17:00 on Thursday till 10:00 Friday (UK time).
- 20th October 2011 - PLANNED - From 10am work on the disk infrastructure will mean that some flat files (FITS and jpeg images and FITS catalogues) will be unavailable. Work should be finished before 1pm, but the entire period between 10am and 1pm should be considered an "at risk" period.
- 25th - 29th Dec 2010 - UNPLANNED - Services offline due to network problems
- 16th - 21st September 2010 - UNPLANNED - Interruption to services due to
meltdown of electricity substation.
- Tuesday 29th June 2010 - PLANNED - 4:30pm onwards interruption to services
while work is carried out on the site's power supply.
Interruption could last overnight.
WFAU, Institute for Astronomy,
Royal Observatory, Blackford Hill
Edinburgh, EH9 3HJ, UK